- 1 What saint do you pray to for health problems?
- 2 Who is the patron saint for surgery?
- 3 What is St Philip the patron saint of?
- 4 Who is the female patron saint of love?
- 5 What saint is for good luck?
- 6 What is a good prayer for healing?
- 7 Who is the patron saint of lung problems?
- 8 How do you pray for a sick person?
- 9 What to say to someone who is about to have surgery?
- 10 What saint do you pray to for animals?
- 11 Who is the patron saint of kindness?
- 12 Who is the patron saint of family?
- 13 Who is the patron saint of children?
What saint do you pray to for health problems?
St Camillus, as the patron saint of the sick, hospitals, nurses and physicians, is another all rounder. He is also reputedly a good bet for those seeking help with gambling. St Pantaleon, meanwhile, is often depicted as a physician holding a phial of medicine.
Who is the patron saint for surgery?
Saint Barbara is venerated as the patron saint of surgeons.
What is St Philip the patron saint of?
He was crucified upside down under the reign of Emperor Domitian. In the seventh century, his relics were transferred to the Basilica of the Apostles in Rome, where they are venerated today. His name means lover of horses, and so he is the patron saint of jockeys, horse breeders, and horseback riders.
Who is the female patron saint of love?
Dwynwen is the patron saint of lovers. Her feast day is January 25, Dydd Santes Dwynwen.
What saint is for good luck?
Saint Cajetan, saint of good fortune and employment, encourage all those looking for work to grow in understanding of God’s unfailing care for them. Increase in them the gifts of ingenuity, courage, and persistence.
What is a good prayer for healing?
Loving God, I pray that you will comfort me in my suffering, lend skill to the hands of my healers, and bless the means used for my cure. Give me such confidence in the power of your grace, that even when I am afraid, I may put my whole trust in you; through our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
Who is the patron saint of lung problems?
Saint Bernardino is the Roman Catholic patron saint of advertising, communications, compulsive gambling, respiratory problems, as well as any problems involving the chest area.
How do you pray for a sick person?
Think, O’ God, of our friend who is ill, whom we now commend to Your compassionate regard. that no healing is too hard if it be Your will. We therefore pray that You bless our friend with Your loving care, renew his/her strength, and heal what ails him/her in Your loving name.
What to say to someone who is about to have surgery?
Hope each gets the attention they deserve!
- Hope you feel all the love surrounding you right now.
- Thinking about you today and hoping it’s a good one for you.
- Get better and get back to your amazing self soon!
- Sending you a warm hug, love, and prayers.
- Sending good, healthy recovery vibes your way.
What saint do you pray to for animals?
St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals and environment could be viewed as the original Earth Day advocate. Francis’ devotion to God was expressed through his love for all of God’s creation.
Who is the patron saint of kindness?
Saint Vincent de Paul has a charity named after him by Blessed Frédéric Ozanam. He was renowned for his compassion, humility, and generosity. Vincent was canonized in 1737 and is venerated as a saint in the Catholic Church and the Anglican Communion.
Who is the patron saint of family?
Saint Joseph is the patron saint of a number of cities, regions and countries, among them the Americas, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Croatia, Indonesia, Mexico, Korea, Peru, the Philippines, and Vietnam, as well as of families, fathers, expectant mothers (pregnant women), explorers, pilgrims, travelers, immigrants,
Who is the patron saint of children?
Saint Nicholas is the patron saint of sailors, merchants, archers, repentant thieves, prostitutes, children, brewers, pawnbrokers, unmarried people, and students in various cities and countries around Europe.